Sunday, May 23, 2021

Inclined to Listen

The Apostle Peter gave encouraging counsel to the faithful members of the primitive church and a stern warning to those who refused to repent:

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
--1 Peter 3:12

My obedience and faithfulness obviously affect my relationship with God. Not that He loves me less when I am disobedient, but why should He speak to me when I am not inclined to listen? 

His face is against evildoers because their faces are against Him. They turn their backs and so He turns His back. The moment, however, that I turn toward the Lord, He instantly turns back toward me. The love of God is an amazing gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this week's post. All opinions and points of view are welcome, regardless of the commenter's religion or faith background. Because of the sacred nature of the topic of prayer, all comments will be reviewed before posting them to ensure that offensive, inappropriate, and off-topic comments do not appear on this site.