Sunday, September 26, 2021

In My Closet

Recall that Alma and Amulek were trying to teach the Zoramites to pray. The two missionaries wanted to help the people of Zoram overcome their false traditions of vain public prayer. As part of Amulek's instructions, he included this statement.

But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.
--Alma 34:26

When I am in my closet, I have removed myself from the distractions of the world. Closets are not always physical, and they don't always have walls and doors. Nevertheless, in my proverbial closet, I can be alone, quiet, focused, undisturbed, and unobstructed. I can say what is in my heart without anyone judging or criticizing. Though I may be physically restricted and restrained in my little closet, my soul and heart can be free to commune with my God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this week's post. All opinions and points of view are welcome, regardless of the commenter's religion or faith background. Because of the sacred nature of the topic of prayer, all comments will be reviewed before posting them to ensure that offensive, inappropriate, and off-topic comments do not appear on this site.