Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Full Heart

Photo by Matheus Bertelli from Pexels
I addressed this verse of scripture previously, but it so rich in content and meaning, I return to it with another insight that affects my prayer life.

Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you.
--Alma 34:27

My heart being the figurative center of my thoughts and desires, it should be occupied with constant communion with God. When my heart is constantly filled by the Holy Spirit, I will be drawn instinctively to prayer, for the Spirit teaches me that I must pray always (see 2 Nephi 32:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this week's post. All opinions and points of view are welcome, regardless of the commenter's religion or faith background. Because of the sacred nature of the topic of prayer, all comments will be reviewed before posting them to ensure that offensive, inappropriate, and off-topic comments do not appear on this site.