Sunday, December 12, 2021

Most Frequent Promise

The resurrected Christ taught the following precept to his Nephite disciples in the Western Hemisphere:

And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
--3 Nephi 18:20

Photo by PhotoMIX Company from Pexels
The most frequently repeated promise in scripture: ask and ye shall receive. The caveats are that 1) I must ask the Father; 2) I must ask in Christ's name, which means I must pray as He would pray; 3) I must pray for the right thing, which will be revealed to me by the Holy Ghost; and 4) I must truly believe that God can and will answer my prayer, which is to ask with real intent. 

Answers to prayers are not capricious or haphazard. God is anxious to bless me with all I can receive. When I ask, in faith, with an eye single to God's glory, and not My own vain ambition, I turn the key that lets God go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this week's post. All opinions and points of view are welcome, regardless of the commenter's religion or faith background. Because of the sacred nature of the topic of prayer, all comments will be reviewed before posting them to ensure that offensive, inappropriate, and off-topic comments do not appear on this site.